Do you have scalp micropigmentation regrets or trying to avoid one? Here at Skulltec, we pride ourselves in our understanding of Scalp micropigmentation – the positives and the negatives!
Hair loss can have several different causes, and it's not just limited to stress and pregnancy. Different conditions such as alopecia, thyroid disorders, imbalanced hormones and even genetics can play a role in this issue. Medications and nutrition can also contribute!
Hairstyles that use too much heat, styles that are too tight, and harsh chemical treatments can also cause hair loss.
Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) is a non-surgical hair loss solution that has recently gained more popularity in the UK. This beauty treatment involves putting tiny dots of ink on the scalp to make it look like hair follicles.
If you’re losing hair rapidly, you may find that SMP services can change your life, but it is important to do your research and talk to an expert before going through with the procedure.
In fact, one of the most common Scalp micropigmentation regrets is picking a technician with too little SMP training or going for treatment at a bad hair loss clinic. To help those who may be having SMP regrets, we've put together some expert tips from staff in the SMP trade.
Whether you're considering SMP or have already done it, take a read through this article. We will (hopefully) give you some good tips and tricks for dealing with Scalp micropigmentation regrets. Let’s get started!
What is scalp micropigmentation? How did it gain popularity?
Hair follicles are tattooed on the scalp in tiny dots to create the illusion of hair growth. This treatment is called scalp micropigmentation.
This particular method has grown in popularity in recent years as a way to conceal baldness and thinning hair while also acting as a hair loss help. There are, of course, a few reasons for this but two of the most impactful ones are social media and celebrities!
With the rise of social media and how easy it is to pass information amongst friends (and others), scalp micropigmentation is now a more known treatment option.
A low-maintenance hair-loss solution, the procedure is fairly safe, cheap, and has little downtime. As more people learn about how good scalp micropigmentation is, its popularity is likely to keep going up.
What are the benefits of scalp micropigmentation?
- Excellent Hair Loss Help: Scalp micropigmentation is an excellent approach to hide hair loss, baldness, and thinning hair. This treatment can also be used to camouflage thinning hair rather than completely hide it. The technique gives individuals a newfound sense of confidence and self-esteem by creating the illusion of a full head of hair. It’s just tattooing the head yet it makes you look great!
- Safe & Non-evasive: Scalp micropigmentation: in contrast to other procedures for hair replacement, is not invasive and does not require any surgical incisions or downtime. It is also safe. People who are not good candidates for hair transplant surgery can benefit from this non-invasive and highly successful treatment option.
- Low Maintenance: Scalp micropigmentation involves minimal care, which makes it an appealing alternative for people looking for a low-maintenance solution to their hair loss concerns. SMP is also an option for people who are interested in restoring their natural hair colour. Once the procedure is finished, there is no need for daily maintenance or continuous touch-ups, in contrast to hairpieces or wigs, which need to be maintained and replaced on a regular basis.
What are the common scalp micropigmentation Regrets?
Here are 4 common Scalp Micropigmentation regrets that anyone can suffer from:
- Poor Quality Work: One of the most common reasons for scalp micropigmentation regrets is poor quality work. The procedure may not produce the desired results if the technician performing it lacks experience or training. This can lead to regret and dissatisfaction with the procedure.
- Mismatched Pigment: Another reason for scalp micropigmentation regrets is when the pigment used does not match your skin tone. This may end up giving an unnatural look that is not in line with your natural hair colour, which can result in you feeling disappointed.
- Unnatural Appearance: You may also experience regret when your expectations are not met. It is critical to set realistic goals and understand what the procedure can accomplish. If you expect a full head of hair or a dramatic transformation, you may be disappointed with the more subtle results that the procedure provides.
- Post-Procedure Care: The aftercare of the scalp micropigmentation procedure is critical to the final result. If customers do not follow the recommended aftercare instructions, the results can be jeopardised and may not lead to complete satisfaction. If you have not followed the recommended aftercare procedures, this can lead to some less-than-satisfactory outcomes. It is always better to be safe than sorry!
Expert advice for navigating scalp micropigmentation regrets
You might regret getting a cosmetic procedure if you don't really know what you are getting yourself in for. It is always best to tread carefully before going through with any procedure, make sure you are confident! Hair loss helps experts understand what will look good, and what may not, and will always be happy to help you make a decision. Here are some expert tips as to how to avoid having scalp micropigmentation regrets.
- Research and Choose a Qualified Technician: One of the most important steps in avoiding scalp micropigmentation regrets is to choose a qualified technician with a proven track record of successful procedures. Ask for references or read reviews from other customers to make sure the technician has the proper training and experience to give you the results you're after. After all, you don't want to put your appearance in the hands of someone who isn't qualified, so take the time to make an informed decision before booking your appointment.
- Manage Your Expectations: Before undergoing the procedure, have a clear and realistic understanding of what scalp micropigmentation can and cannot achieve. Discuss your expectations with your technician to ensure that you have a clear understanding of the expected results.
- Ask for a Consultation: Before you decide to go through with any procedure that can have almost permanent results, it is always better to know the person concerned personally. A consultation can help you determine if scalp micropigmentation is the right choice for you and if the practitioner is the right one.
- Follow Aftercare Instructions Carefully: Proper aftercare is critical to the success of the procedure. Carefully following the aftercare instructions will help you avoid problems and will ensure you get the best results possible.
- Address Regrets Promptly: If you experience any regrets following the procedure, it is important to address them promptly. Talk to your technician about your worries and come up with a plan for dealing with any problems beforehand if possible. In some cases, a few small changes may be needed to get the result you want.
How to deal with scalp micropigmentation regrets?
For people looking for hair loss solutions, scalp micropigmentation can be life-changing and is usually positive. For those that are experiencing some scalp micropigmentation regrets, there are ways to overcome them on your own accord too:
- Be patient and give it time: Patience is key, that is why it will always be the first thing on the list. Results can take weeks or months to settle, so try to bare this in mind if you are feeling anxious post-treatment.
- Consult with your practitioner: Discuss your concerns with the practitioner who performed the treatment to see if adjustments can be made.
- Cover up temporarily: In the meantime, you can wear a wig of your choice or consider using hair fibres or a hairpiece to temporarily cover up the scalp micropigmentation treatment while you wait for the results to settle (or until you're ready for corrective procedures).
- Consider corrective procedures: Laser removal or colour correction can help address discolouration or incorrect hairline placement.
- Learn from the experience: Take it as an opportunity to learn, and don’t repeat the same mistakes twice! Ensure that you choose a reputable and experienced practitioner next time.
Scalp micropigmentation is a popular solution for hair loss, but it doesn’t guarantee that it will change your life the way you want it to. After all, everyone is a little different!
If you're feeling uncertain about the SMP services that you have received, rest assured that there are options available to help you address your concerns.
This is where we can step in! At Skultec, our highly trained staff will take care of all your hair loss solutions with the utmost care. From talking with a practitioner of your choice to considering corrective procedures or fade-out methods, you have the power to make informed decisions that work for you.
Remember to be patient and try to be kind to yourself throughout the process, seek support from loved ones, and take the opportunity to learn and grow from your experience. With the right approach, you can get over any regrets you have about scalp micropigmentation and feel confident in how you look again!