It is important that you take the proper steps in the aftercare regime before enjoying the outcome of your scalp pigmentation treatment. Failing to do so can minimise the effectiveness of your results and can even cause damage to your health.
For the first few days after the scalp pigmentation procedure, there are several steps you should take care in following. Ensure to avoid:
- Touching your scalp (unless absolutely necessary);
- Wearing a cap, hat, helmet, or any other article of headwear that could irritate and rub your scalp;
- Exposing your head to any sunlight;
- Excessive sweating, such as from exercise;
- Washing your scalp;
- Shaving your scalp;
After this initial period of a few days, your scalp will have begun to heal and adjust to its new pigmentation. However, there are still steps you must follow, in order to achieve proper aftercare of your scalp micropigmentation procedure. For the next two weeks after your treatment, you should:
- Wash your scalp daily, with water only;
- Moisturise your scalp daily, with an alcohol-free moisturiser;
- Shave your head gently, with care not to be abrasive;
- Apply sunscreen with at least SPF30 to your head, if you go into bright and direct sunlight;
- Wear a swimming cap when you swim;
- Avoid sweating excessively;
- Do not itch, pick, or scratch your scalp.
After a fortnight has passed, you should:
- Wash and moisturise your scalp daily;
- Take care when shaving your scalp;
- Apply sunscreen with at least SPF30 when you go into strong sunlight.
In the immediate aftermath of your treatment, the pigmentation of your treatment will appear darker. The true and final colour will appear one week after your final session. While the pigmentation may appear paler at first, due to the healing skin obscuring the colour, under no circumstances should you pursue further micropigmentation procedures in the four-week period after ending your treatment. For more information concerning your micropigmentation aftercare, please do not hesitate to contact us.